April 1, 2016

Writing outside of my comfort zone + Toddlers x Pancakes = Madness #FridayFeed

Friday Feed . . . Doing things and stuff.

Call me Karen. (writing words)

Sooo, there's this anthology. And I'm putting together a proposal to see if my idea will be accepted. If it is, it'll be published next year. It's wayyy out of my normal genre--historical romance set between 1852 and 1912--but a challenge that I'm excited about. Cut to . . . 

. . . me this week, only without the make-up and still in my pajamas.  


After much staring at the computer and surfing the crazy waves of the interwebs, I have finally landed on a year, an event, and a theme. HOLLA. Or what did they say in the early 1900s? Good job-eth? Just kidding. Clearly, imma rock a historical. Now, extensive research needs to be done, and I gotta get crackin' on my pitch, blurb, and synopsis--normally, I write those things AFTER the book is complete. Erm, so, yeah. I'm kind of terrified all around. And with the proposal deadline of 18 April coming up, I have to buckle down.

Will keep you posted.



Luke, I am your mother. (kiddo corner)


My boy had his 18 month well-check at the pediatrician Thursday. He did great. His doctor said--after watching him carry things back and forth, read a book, eat all the snacks, and try to unroll an entire roll of that crinkly disposable paper that's on the exam table--that Lukey is a very busy boy, and she loved seeing that. Only had one vaccine this time, and he didn't even cry--until the nurse put the band-aid on. Clearly, the scariest part.

We also had playdates and story time at the library this week. And a friend gave Lukey a kid-friendly slide. So he's having a blast mastering it.

Over the weekend, he became a parrot. He's repeating so many words now. His latest faves are airplane (aewpun), giraffe (raff), owl (owwell), and elephant (laphant).

Pix for your viewing pleasure . . . 






Just keep swimming. (all the randomness)



This weekend the taxes must be done. Yiss. The deadline is looming. EEP.

I made a discovery. If you wash out deli meat plastic containers, empty cream cheese containers, etc...they make perfect disposable food containers for leftovers. Annnd, they're great to put cookies in to give to friends. That way you don't have to ask for expensive Tupperware back. Brilliant. I know, right? Also, washing out and re-using yogurt cups are the perfect sized bowl for toddlers to us on-the-go. 

Public service announcement: Lavender pancakes are delicious. If you've never had them, make them. Click here.



****

Enjoy my Friday Feed? Here's more to delight you.


****

Eating like a ninja turtle, dude . . . karen

No comments:

Post a Comment