April 15, 2016

Comfort zone. *smashes out* Words. *writes like the wind* Brownies. *eats them all* #winningcombo #TGIF

Friday Feed . . . Doing things and stuff.

Call me Karen. (writing words)


Me this week. Chuggin' coffee and bangin' out the words. I had gotten my historical romance pitch/proposal--you remember, the one I'm trying to get accepted into an anthology that's set to be pubbed next year--all shiny and sent off to my agent, when she let's me know that I need sample pages of the actual story. Written. Words forming sentences and everything. Eeeeeeep. Like, ASAP. 

*panics*

I wasn't even sure I could do that. I mean, I don't normally write historical fiction, so I had planned to read a ton of it before writing the story. Anywho, I wham-bammed out FIVE pages. Got them all shiny, and now, they're in my agent's hands. Double Eeeeeep.

Current mood . . .


Even if my pitch doesn't get picked for the anthology, this was such a good experience. Pushing myself out of my normal genre and comfort zone has been intense, but extremely beneficial and worthwhile. 



Luke, I am your mother. (kiddo corner)


This week started out on a high note, Monday we went to an awesome new play place with friends and then out for donuts. Then, Lukey got a fever. We had to cancel our plans for Tuesday and Wednesday because he wasn't feeling well. So we just hung out at home. Read a ton of books, ate a lot of fruit, and chilled.

By Wednesday afternoon, he was feeling like a new toddler. So Thursday's playdate still happened. WOOT. Today we have another playdate, and then Saturday is our super busy day. 

Saturday morning is Touch a Truck. Whaaaa?! Lukey is gonna LOSE his MIND. Holla. Then, Saturday afternoon I'm going to a friend's house to work on my DIY fence post growth chart project. You remember, the one where I spent wayy more then what the blogger had spent on hers. Ohh well. Still super excited to see how it turns out.

Pix for your viewing pleasure . . . 







Just keep swimming. (all the randomness)



You're born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an adult, you only have 206. (Sited)


****

Enjoy my Friday Feed? Here's more to delight you.


****
Crayons: rainbow paste in my toddler's mouth . . . karen

1 comment: