March 2, 2014

Marriage contract + Unicorn protector = RUNNING FROM SHADOWS #8Sunday #YAPNR #wicca



Today I'm sharing from my (unpublished) young adult paranormal romance Running From Shadows!

Follow Greta Shore (a 17-year-old, black-haired wiccan beauty) and Paxton "Pax" Craig (an 18-year-old, blond-haired college student with a dark secret) as they discover the fate of their forbidden love.
 ****
(Read last week's post. Set-up) Greta runs away from her surprise engagement partthrough the woodsPax saves her from a shadow demon. Oh, and he's a unicorn! 
Back at Pax's cabin, Greta and Pax talk. He tells her that the shadow has fed on her emotions. And that it's definitely someone she knows. And she must under no circumstance confront it because it will kill her. And don't get emotional about anything! >.< Pax takes Greta home. Now, she has to face...her mother! Only Aunt Lil greets her, and they talk about the marriage contract her mother signed... Eep!

Cover Art by Danielle Fine

“You didn’t know about the contract?”

“Of course not, sweetheart, if I’d known I would’ve tried to talk her out of it. You know how your mother is. When she gets something in her mind, she just doesn’t stop to think.” Aunt Lil pulled me into another hug.

I let her try to comfort me as I fought to keep the anger from exploding. I did know, all too well. I didn’t get braces because of a fast-talking Mary Kay consultant, and we could start our own militia with all the Cutco knives she’d bought instead of paying the tuition for me to stay in private school.



Tune in next week for more angsty spooky goodness!

Thanks again for stopping by! Your support and feedback is greatly appreciated!


****
Extra! Extra!

*My newest release is COMING SOON. Soo excited to be part of this fantastically talented group of authors. Check out the Lore anthology. My story is a YA LGBT about a girl, a genie, and a tone of bad choices. 

*Would you like to see some pics of Greta and Pax? Check them out here! Gotta love Pinterest!! Ooo, stalk me there too, please...uh, here! ;)

 *Self-publishing? Need an editor and cover artist? Check out my uber-talented editor, Danielle Fine, she's wonderful to work with and does exceptional work! Click here for more info!

10 comments:

  1. Interesting snippet and nicely done reveal of the MCs home life. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story. Poor Greta though! Her mother sounds like a real flake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like her mother is quite the challenge. Interesting snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, her mother seems like a very interesting character. Can't wait to see them interact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so bad for Greta. What a wretched mother. Excellent character reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, her mom is looney tunes! This kid needs a hero!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flaky and stubborn, not a good personality combination! It's a hard life when your caretaker can't be relied on... But they'd be a well-made militia, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *well made-up militia, I meant.

      Delete
  8. A parent signing a marriage contract? Hmmm... Could she be the demon?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think this can be good. nice 8.

    ReplyDelete