December 15, 2013

The last thing I needed was a boy complicating my life... RUNNING FROM SHADOWS #8Sunday #YAPNR #unicorns



Today I'm sharing from my (unpublished) young adult paranormal romance Running From Shadows!

Follow Greta Shore (a 17-year-old, black-haired wiccan beauty) and Paxton "Pax" Craig (an 18-year-old, blond-haired college student with a dark secret) as they discover the fate of their forbidden love.
 ****
Set-up (last week)... Greta runs away from her surprise engagement partthrough the woodsPax saves her from a shadow demon. Oh, and he's a unicorn! 
Back at Pax's cabin, Greta and Pax talk. He tells her that the shadow has fed on her emotions. And that it's definitely someone she knows. And she must under no circumstance confront it because it will kill her. And don't get emotional about anything! >.< Pax offers to drive Greta home. A coyote cries and Pax says he could kill it in five seconds flat. And, of course, holds her tighter...

Cover Art by Danielle Fine

At the Jeep, he gently let me down with a warning to be careful since the rocks were sharp. He still had one arm around my waist as he opened the passenger side door. Despite the chilly night air and my lack of shoes or jacket, heat rushed over me. This boy’s touch did things to me… Hot things. Familiar things.

I decided not to look at him as I climbed into the car in case he offered me his hand, tried to help me in. A girl could only restrain herself so much, and the last thing I needed was a boy complicating my life.


Tune in next week for more angsty spooky goodness!

Thanks again for stopping by! Your support and feedback is greatly appreciated!


****
Extra! Extra!

*Would you like to see some pics of Greta and Pax? Check them out here! Gotta love Pinterest!! Ooo, stalk me there too, please...uh, here! ;) 

*Self-publishing? Need an editor and cover artist? Check out my uber-talented editor, Danielle Fine, she's wonderful to work with and does exceptional work! Click here for more info! 

*Check out the USA Today recommended book trailer for Witch Way to Turn!! here

5 comments:

  1. Well, her life IS pretty complicated as it is, but maybe she could stand to have this boy in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boy IS complicating her life, whether she admits it to herself or not LOL. But probably good foe her to go cautiously...enjoying the story, love all the twists and turns. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still want to know more about the unwanted fiance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She might not *need* the complication, but I bet it would be fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the things you don't think you need turn out to be the very best things that happen to you. Great snippet, Karen!

    ReplyDelete