November 3, 2013

Whatever you do, don't confront it. RUNNING FROM SHADOWS #WeWriWa #8Sunday #YAPNR



Today I'm sharing from my (unpublished) young adult paranormal romance Running From Shadows!

Follow Greta Shore (a 17-year-old, black-haired wiccan beauty) and Paxton "Pax" Craig (an 18-year-old, blond-haired college student with a dark secret) as they discover the fate of their forbidden love.
 ****
Set-up (last week)... Greta runs away from her surprise engagement partthrough the woodsPax saves her from a shadow demon. Oh, and he's a unicorn! 
Back at Pax's cabin, Greta and Pax talk. He tells her that the shadow has fed on her emotions. And that it's definitely someone she knows. Greta starts to feel lightheaded. Pax is by her side in a hot second...

Cover Art by Danielle Fine

He leaned closer to me. I held my breath, waiting for him to touch me. Did he want to? If I scooted to the edge of the couch, my knees would touch his. Instead, I wrapped my hands around my knees and didn’t budge.

“Listen, whatever you do, don’t confront it. Even if you think you know who the demon is. It won’t think twice about killing you on the spot, if it feels its secret is threatened.”


Tune in next week for more angsty spooky goodness!

Thanks again for stopping by! Your support and feedback is greatly appreciated!


****
Extra! Extra!

 * Would you like to see some pics of Greta and Pax? Check them out here! Gotta love Pinterest!! Ooo, stalk me there too, please...uh, here! ;) 

*Self-publishing? Need an editor and cover artist? Check out my uber-talented editor, Danielle Fine, she's wonderful to work with and does exceptional work! Click here for more info! 

*Check out the USA Today recommended book trailer for Witch Way to Turn!! here

8 comments:

  1. Love this snippet! You nailed the chemistry for her here and that drew me right in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Pax so much! Enjoyed the scene, excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the hard part isn't it? Thinking you know---and what if she's wrong? I like the unknown in this story. The demon could be anybody even her fiance'!
    History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! She's gonna be freaking out...trying to figure out who!? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'd want to confront someone who'd been feeding on my misery, no matter what I was warned...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that he's trying to protect her from herself in this case. Great 8.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Protection and advice from a unicorn. What's next in this drama? Good eight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The demon is going to kill her anyway, no matter what she does. The unicorn is pretty scary to now that I think of it.

    ReplyDelete