August 14, 2013

Midweek Mayhem: The temptation for flesh never went away... LONGING #Snippet10 #DragonsFTW

Working it out…
  • (Still Happening :P) Check it out >>> I'm participating in Night Owl Reviews Scavenger Hunt! Deets here. I'm giving away a signed copy of Witch Way to Turn and a $25 Amazon giftcard!
  • (NEW) Next week (19-25 August) I'm participating in the Blitz Tour for the lovely Juliana Haygert's newest release Breaking the Reins!
************
The Becoming Playlist!
Wanted to share some of the songs that inspired me as I wrote Becoming...
Titanium by David Guetta



Hearing voices…
Cover art by Danielle Fine
  • Check out my stunning cover inspiration for my dark and gritty new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters (right beside this paragraph) designed by the talented Danielle Fine!!!
  • Twitter pitch for BecomingAfter a transplant gives Zoe a dragon shifter’s heart, she learns that her online boyfriend is her donor and...a girl.
************
 Today I'm sharing snippet #10 from the Becoming prequel titled Longing (unedited and in Taylor's POV)! Read snippets here: #1#2#3#4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9. Excited for y'all to get to know my dragons better :) 

Longing - Chapter 1 (snippet #10)... 


She held the white striped page in her hand. Three of the four names had a line through them. The last name on the list was Kimberly Greenwall. After this, she’d have to get a new list from her father. She wouldn’t be caught without one. Otherwise… She shivered. The temptation for flesh never went away. It clung to her like a bad habit. Only instead of it hurting her, it destroyed others. Completely.

************

Cover art by Danielle Fine
Waiting game...
  • On week #22 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.
  • Requests currently out for Becoming are 8 total! Squee!!!  *fingers and toes crossed* 
Reading...
  • (Update) 56% into Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King! OMG, sooo good!!! The story is very much 'told' from an omniscient observer's perspective (which I normally don't care for), but it's sooo intriguing. I'm hooked!
  • Looking for book recommendations and reviews for your 2013 TBR List? Check out The Perks of Being a Book Nerd

Bonus material... 
*Writers, looking for a talented editor? I highly recommend Danielle FineShe's edited four manuscripts of mine and has taught me so much! I'm a stronger writer because of her guidance. Also, she designed my beautiful inspiration cover art for Becoming and Running From ShadowsAnnnnd she created the book trailer for Witch Way to Turn! 
*For more information on Dani's editing services, cover design, book trailer creation and website design stop by her site >>>> here!

************
Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...  
The demon pup stalking a fly on the window... Bwa. Ha. Ha.

Don't touch me, human! Just gimme the bagel and no one gets hurt.

Banshee will totally wield this sword like a baseball bat until she gets proper training :P

One of our RWA chapter members is working on her black belt. She rocked a sword at Saturday's meeting!

And slice that demon in half! Gore, guts, etc... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment