July 10, 2013

Midweek Mayhem: But last night we... LONGING #Snippet6 #DragonsFTW #NORSummerFun #NA

Working it out…
  • (Happening) Check it out >>> I'm participating in Night Owl Reviews Scavenger Hunt! Deets here. I'm giving away a signed copy of Witch Way to Turn and a $25 Amazon giftcard!
  • (Author Tagged) Stop by to find out secrets about my dragons and the newly revealed Pinterest board! Deets here!
  • (Interviewed) Squee! I've been interviewed by a local library, check it out here!
  • (Next week) No Midweek Mayhem on 17 July cos I'll be at the RWA National Conference in Atlanta! Miss me? :P If you're going, let's meet up! Tweet me here!
  • (NEW) I'm guest blogging and talking about writing at Girls With Books blog!
************
The Becoming Playlist!
Wanted to share some of the songs that inspired me as I wrote Becoming...
Titanium by David Guetta



Hearing voices…
Cover art by Danielle Fine
  • My dark and gritty new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters, titled Becoming, is completely edited!!!!! And I'll be pitching it at RWA next week if I don't have an agent before then...but cross your fingers and toes and eyes and, erm, anything you can cross cos it's with THREE awesome agents right now!!! :D
  • Check out my stunning cover inspiration (right side above this paragraph) designed by the talented Danielle Fine!!!
  • Twitter pitch for BecomingAfter a transplant gives Zoe a dragon shifter’s heart, she learns that her online boyfriend is her donor and...a girl.
************
 Today I'm sharing snippet #6 from the Becoming prequel titled Longing (unedited and in Taylor's POV)! Read Snippets here: #1#2#3#4, #5. Excited for y'all to get to know my dragons better :) 
Longing - Chapter 1 (snippet #6)... 

Keeping her eyes on his face, she focused on the way his hair fell over his shoulder. She didn’t want to see his naked body again. It reminded her of what she had let him do to her. Of all the times she’d tried to be normal, not give into her urges. She hated what—she knew deep inside her demon heart—she was. A cursed dragon. 

He touched her shoulders and she fought a cringe. “But last night we…you know.”

She took a step back, and he dropped his hands heavily to his sides. “Yeah, I know.”

************

Cover art by Danielle Fine
Waiting game...
  • On week #18 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.
  • Requests for Becoming! Squee!!! On week #13 and week #8 with the two other awesome agents (full)!! *fingers and toes crossed* 
Reading...

Bonus material... 
*Writers, looking for a talented editor? I highly recommend Danielle FineShe's edited four manuscripts of mine and has taught me so much! I'm a stronger writer because of her guidance. Also, she designed my beautiful inspiration cover art for Becoming and Running From ShadowsAnnnnd she created the book trailer for Witch Way to Turn! 
*For more information on Dani's editing services, cover design, book trailer creation and website design stop by her site >>>> here!

************
Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...  
The demon pup was beggin' for animal cookies while hubs and I watched Game of Thrones :P

Enough said :P

Me and the hubs went to see fireworks on July 4th! Also, this is Zoe and Taylor's fave holiday...dragons FTW!

Say hi to Gertrude! This is the newest addition to the City Manager's Office :P Scared the crap outta me when I went into my boss' office Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment