April 24, 2013

Midweek Mayhem: Signing books and pitching dragons...holla! :D #RT2013 #PlayListVid

Working it out…
  • (NEW) Monday I spotlighted author S.X. Bradley's Unraveled! A dark and twisty YA mystery...heck yes! On my TBR list for sure!! Check it out here!
  • (NEW) Today I interviewed a lovely friend and talented author Heather Van Fleet! Read here!
  • (NEW) I can't believe the RT Booklovers Convention is almost here!! I fly out to Kansas City, MO in FOUR days!!! Come see me! I'll be signing Witch Way to Turn on Thursday, May 2nd at the EXPO! here :)
************
The Becoming Playlist!
Wanted to share some of the songs that inspired me as I wrote Becoming...this song always makes me think of Taylor singing to Zoe... Erm, an angrier girl version tho :P
Heart on Fire by A Life Divided 
 

 

Hearing voices…
Cover art by Danielle Fine
  • My dark and gritty new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters, titled Becoming, is currently with my amazing editor!!! So excited to make this story sparkle and then pitch it at RT and RWA soon! Agents, you're gonna want this story...like super bad! Just sayin' ;D
  • Check out my stunning cover inspiration (right side above this paragraph) designed by the talented Danielle Fine!!! 
  • (Read fave sentences from chapter 5 here) Today I'm gonna share just a few sentences from chapter 6 that my editor loved :D The sentences don't have anything to do with each other.
  • Twitter pitch: After a transplant gives Zoe a dragon shifter’s heart, she learns that her online boyfriend is her donor and...a girl.
(Zoe's POV) For a few seconds no one stood under the enormous breezeway but the two of them.  
(Zoe's POV) Wanting filled his eyes, and need lifted his brow, but something else lingered in his controlled expression and subtle smile.  
(Zoe's POV) She’d never been into girls. Never had a curious thought. Never wanted to touch the soft strands of another girl’s hair. Never wanted to feel another girl’s lips pressed against hers, until… 
(Taylor's POV) Couldn’t she have just this one happiness? A moment to enjoy and remember without it being corrupted by murderous temptation. 
(Zoe's POV) Taylor shook her head and smiled—a stunning grin that made Zoe’s words melt away.  
(Zoe's POV) The anxious pounding of Zoe’s heart settled to a sure and steady beat 
(Zoe's POV) Zoe nestled into the petal-like caress, closing her eyes and letting her imagination run wild with thoughts of Taylor’s lips soft and sweet against hers.  
(Zoe's POV) Fireflies flapped in her stomach, lighting up every nerve-ending. Her lips tingled as she parted them, hoping. 
(Zoe's POV) The fireflies in her stomach ignited, flew through her veins and tingled in forbidden places. Here and now were the only options. No worrying about living in the moment, because this moment was all she ever wanted to live.  
(Zoe's POV) Being held captive by Taylor’s kiss was the first time she’d ever felt truly free.
(Taylor's POV) Beauty’s touch couldn’t mask the pain of the beast’s need.

Dragon update... Round one of edits on the last 100 pages of Becoming has begun!! Guess what?? I finished the Becoming prequel on Monday!!!! Ahhh, so excited!! It's nearly 9k words and all from Taylor's POV--let's face it, we all know she's my fave :P Gotta a dragon! 
************

Cover art by Danielle Fine
Waiting game...
  • On week #8 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.
  • Partial requests from two agents for Becoming! Squee!!! On week #3 with one awesome agent, and week #4 with the other awesome agent!! *fingers and toes crossed* 
Reading...
Cover art and editing by Danielle Fine
  • Currently I am beta-reading for a fantastic friend and writer... Katheryn! Hooray for grim reapers!!
  • Finished reading Tsavo Pride by Laura Diamond! A fantastic short story, young adult, horror read with werelions! Check out the stunning cover here >>>>
  • Looking for book recommendations and reviews for your 2013 TBR List? Check out The Perks of Being a Book Nerd

Bonus material... 
*Writers, looking for a talented editor? I highly recommend Danielle Fine. She's edited three manuscripts of mine and has taught me so much! I'm a stronger writer because of her guidance. Also, she designed my beautiful inspiration cover art for Becoming and Running From Shadows! Annnnd she created the book trailer for Witch Way to Turn! 
*For more information on Dani's editing services, cover design, book trailer creation and website design stop by her site >>>> here!


************ 
Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...

My current read...

The hubs and I met up with my cousin, her hubby and their adorable two-year boy for some fun in the sun over the weekend...only the sun decided to come out and play the day we left :P Saturday it was too chilly to get in the ocean, so the boys played shuffle board while the girls played table tennis :) I'll admit... I lost >.< *needs a rematch* lolz Ohh, and btw, shuffle board is way harder to play than it looks...just sayin' :P

Ahhh, the randomness y'all have come to expect...my toes in the sand. Huh, just noticed I'm nearly as white as the sand...obviously I need more time in the sun! ;)
Me just chillin'...before we left the beach on Sunday...it was sooo windy!!! Which I gotta say, is uber annoying for someone with bangs...I know, real problems, right? :P
So this painting was in the Mexican restaurant where the hubs and I stopped for lunch on our way home on Sunday. How cool is that?! I was taken by it, so... Picture! :D

Completely random pic from last week...action shot with Rusty pup!! Ohh, Rusty Factoid... Rusty pup is actually his Twitter/Facebook stage name :P His legal name is Russel 'Rusty' Bynum. Buuuut actually the hubs and I call him one of the following: Bunny, Horsey, Kitty, Pony or Bug...normally I always call him Bunny or Bun. Erm, so, he answers to just about anything. Why yes, yes he is a very confused pup! ;)

10 comments:

  1. We have a couple days left for RT! I'm so excited you decided to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Stoked!! We're gonna have a blast! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous of everyone going to RT. I'll be there next year!! Have fun. It's going to be quiet around here with everyone gone. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get to meet you in person next year!! How exciting! Thanks for commenting, Ella! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying for two days to come by! Family and EDJ have had me running. Last night I had to go to West Point and back. Ugh. But I had to get my weekly dose of random! So excited for you going to RT! Maybe next year...if I survive RWA!

    Where did you get your case/cover for your Kindle? It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been busy, chicka! Glad you enjoyed your weekly random dose! ;) I'm stocked about RT! You definitely have to go next year! Ella will be there too! Ohh, you're gonna LOVE RWA! :D

      Got my case on Amazon...it has a booklight built in! :D Thanks!!

      Delete
  5. You are so busy! Glad you got to go to the beach. Been years since I played shuffleboard. It was so much fun, but they tore up the park to put in a senior apt. Bldg. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It's craziness all the time around here! ;) Me too! It was a great weekend getaway! Ahh man, they shouldn't have gotten ride of the park...grr! Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Teresa! :D

      Delete