April 10, 2013

Midweek Mayhem: Dragons, puppies and updates... Oh my! #amblogging #randompix

 Working it out…
  • (NEW)  Release Day post for Tsavo Pride by Laura Diamond here!
  • (In case you missed it!) Becoming is a finalist in the Utah RWA chapter's Great Beginnings Contest!!!! Looky here for my name!!! :D
  • (NEW) Thursday on Pippa Jay's blog I'll be showcasing 5 book covers that I love and why!
************
Random adorable vid! 
A Vizsla (like Rusty) goes wild!! My pup is the EXACT same way :P

 

Hearing voices…
Cover art by Danielle Fine
  • My dark and gritty new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters, titled Becoming, is currently with my amazing editor!!! So excited to make this story sparkle and then pitch it at RT and RWA soon! Agents, you're gonna want this story...like super bad! Just sayin' ;D
  • Check out my stunning cover inspiration (right side above this paragraph) designed by the talented Danielle Fine!!! 
  • (Read fave sentences from chapter 3 here) Today I'm gonna share just a few sentences from chapter 4 that my editor loved :D The sentences don't have anything to do with each other.
   (Zoe's POV) For a couple beats, she couldn’t feel the ache in her neck or the rawness of her shins.
  (Zoe's POV) Already her stress level had scorched a hole in the ceiling.
  (Zoe's POV) Painfully aware of her mother’s gaze latching onto her back with judging talons.
  (Aiden's POV) Images of his dwindling supply—frozen in his freezer—scratched at the surface of his thoughts.
  (Aiden's POV) He snuck a sidelong look at the window. His dream of becoming a healer disappeared, carried off by the swish of Dr. Sinclair’s white coat as he walked away.
(Zoe's POV) The smell of disinfectant and despair slammed into her the moment the sliding doors parted.
(Zoe's POV) “Taylor is not a psycho,” Zoe snapped. Her voice turned deep and heated.
   Rachel’s eyes widened and her mouth parted slightly. Zoe could almost taste the surprise in the air. Bitter.
 
  (Zoe's POV) At the thought of seeing Taylor again, sensual chills rushed up her arm, leaving raised hairs in their wake.

Dragon update... Round one of the first 150 pages of Becoming edits are back with my fabulous editor! Currently 5k words into the Becoming prequel (all from Taylor's POV)! It's going to be a novelette at about a 7k words. 
************

Cover art by Danielle Fine
Waiting game...
  • On week #6 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.
  • Partial requests from two agents for Becoming! Squee!!! On week #1 with one awesome agent, and week #2 with the other awesome agent!! *fingers and toes crossed* 
Reading...
  • Currently I am beta-reading for a fantastic friend and writer... Katheryn! Hooray for grim reapers!!
  • What's on my Kindle? 85% through Alice in Zombieland by !
  • Looking for book recommendations and reviews for your 2013 TBR List? Check out The Perks of Being a Book Nerd

Bonus material... 
*Writers, looking for a talented editor? I highly recommend Danielle Fine. She's edited three manuscripts of mine and has taught me so much! I'm a stronger writer because of her guidance. Also, she designed my beautiful inspiration cover art for Becoming and Running From Shadows! Annnnd she created the book trailer for Witch Way to Turn! 
*For more information on Dani's editing services, cover design, book trailer creation and website design stop by her site >>>> here!


************ 
Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...

At a local garden showplace on Sunday. These poor plants were pitiful in the clearance section! They looked so rejected :P

Erm...random :P At lunch on Sunday, hubs was messing with his wedding band, so I told him to take it off so I could see if mine would fit inside it. Of course, he just watched me with that: OMG, my-wife-is-crazy stare! It's okay, I'm used to it :P

Sitting in traffic on my way to meet the lovely Carey Heywood for lunch! In case you didn't know this about me...interstate driving STRESSES ME OUT o.O

Hi y'all! My name is Karen. This picture is brought to you by the color yellow ;)

Rusty pup sleeping on my knee while I watched TV. He just has to be near me! You'd think he loved me or something. Damn, it's hard being the fave parent :P

8 comments:

  1. If I wasn't already smiling, left over from last night, you're post would make me do it. Have a great Wednesday, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 90lb Lab runs around the house just like that pup in the video! She leaves big claw marks in the carpet, too! Congrats on your requests! Go dragons! And thanks for all the lovely randomness. Always makes my Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You know I wanna see that lab! Thank you, chicka! Go dragons!! Awww, so glad to make your Wednesday! :D

      Delete
  3. Wonderful blog post. Really enjoyed the vid and of course the pictures! I look forward to your blog every week to see what will make me smile because it always does!!!! Good luck with the requests from the agents you know I am pulling for you and have all my fingers and toes crossed!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!! Thanks, Kellie!! I'm so glad you enjoy it!!! Definitely keep those fingers crossed!! :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Michael! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! Glad you like it :D

      Delete