February 3, 2013

Six Sentence Sunday: Running From Shadows... Such a Tease! #SSS #YAPNR #Wicca #Contests #NeedYou #Vote

Hooray for Six Sentence Sunday! 

(I've been kidnapped!!) *cues the song Hero by Skillet* Rescue me ~~~~~> (here) 

Today I'm sharing from my (unpublished) young adult paranormal romance Running From Shadows, currently being read by a lovely agent and PUBLISHER!! Squee!! 

(NEW) Ps...since this is an Unofficial SSS post and my sentences are kinda short, there might be a couple more than six sentences. If there's one thing I like to do, it's push the envelope :P

Follow Greta Shore (a 17-year-old, black-haired wiccan beauty) and Paxton "Pax" Craig (an 18-year-old, blond-haired college student with a dark secret) as they discover the fate of their forbidden love.
 ****
(Read last week's post) Set-up... Pax has told Greta that he's a unicorn. A unicorn!!! So, of course, Greta is all: sure, yeah, whatever... Prove it!

Cover Art by Danielle Fine
“What?” he asked.

“Turn into a unicorn. If you really are what you say you are…show me.” 
His expression was a blank canvas, but somehow I knew he was annoyed. The same way I knew he would do it. “First of all, we don’t turn. We shift.” 

“What’s the difference?” 

He stepped closer to me. “I’m still myself when I’m in my monoceros form. I think my own thoughts. Know who people are.
 

Unicorn Boy wasn't the only one who could play this game.

Ooo, what's she gonna do?? Tune in next week for more Greta and Pax!! ;)

Thanks again for stopping by! Your support and feedback is greatly appreciated! Once I find out more information on who the new SSS hostess will be, I'll let y'all know!


****
Extra! Extra!


*(NEW) Breena and I need your help again! Don't you just love being our hero?? :P Witch Way to Turn is entered into the Judge a Book By Its Cover contest...if you think the cover is gorgeous (as I do) then please vote! Also, my lovely friend Pippa Jay's (SciFi) cover for Terms & Conditions Apply (designed by the brilliant Danielle Fine) is up for votes too! It's stunning! Please vote! (here)

*(NEW) Squee!!Witch Way to Turn WON Sizzling BEST Young Adult read of 2012!!!!!!! Thank y'all so much for your votes!! ♥ (Scroll down this sexy fireman's chest to see the announcement here!) 

*(NEW) I'm participating in a YA Blog Hop and giving away a copy of Witch Way to Turn and you don't even have to do anything more than enter! ;) More info here!

*Would you like to see some pics of Greta and Pax? Check them out here! Gotta love Pinterest!! Ooo, stalk me there too, please...uh, here! ;) 

*Self-publishing in the New Year? Need an editor and cover artist? Check out my talented editor, Danielle Fine, she's wonderful to work with and does exceptional work! Click here for more info! 

*Excited!!! The book trailer for Witch Way to Turn was recommended by USA Today!!! Ahhh!!! Super uber squee!!! Check it out here!!

8 comments:

  1. Great six. I voted for you. Congratulations on all your other accomplishments!! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what she does...or what he does! WWTT is just getting nominated and winning all over the place! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teehee Gotta come back and see! ;) Thank you so much, chicka!!

      Delete
  3. A boy who's really a unicorn...now that's a juicy secret! Thanks for sharing your excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia! Right? I love it! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ooo, you would loooove Pax!! *sends him your way* Go easy on him tho... I want him back in preferably one piece! :P

      Delete