February 6, 2013

Midweek Mayhem: Convicts and Assassins and Votes, Oh my! And random pix too! #WinnerAnnouncement #YAPNR

Working it out…
  • (Update) My dearest darlings, there has been a slight change in plans...due to circumstances beyond my control, I won't be signing in the YA Alley at the RT Booklovers Convention. I was pretty bummed at first, but I truly believe that everything happens for a reason...so, on the bright-side, I shall be signing at the Expo on Thursday, 2 May instead! Check it out here!
  • (NEW) I've been kidnapped by the Gremlin slayer herself ~~~~> Liza O'Connor! Come check it out here! Liza is a hilarious kidnapper! And you'll never guess who rescues me ;)
  • (Breena and I need you!) Witch Way to Turn was nominated for the 10th Annual CAPA award--poll closes Friday!! Best Young Adult!! Cast your vote here! (Get it?? Like a spell! teeheehee) Thank you to everyone who has already voted! Y'all rock! 
  • (Be our hero again??) Witch Way to Turn is entered in the Judge A Book By Its Cover contest! Vote #33 in the Young Adult category! Click here... Muah!
Cover art by Danielle Fine
  • (Vote for SciFi) My lovely friend, Pippa Jay is also in the Judge A Book By Its Cover contest! Her book Terms & Conditions Apply needs you!! Hugs!! Check the gorgeous cover and then click here to vote! 

  • Squee!!! Witch Way to Turn WON Sizzling BEST YA read of 2012!! :D Thank y'all for your votes!!! ♥  
Now, drum-roll, please. The WINNER of the Young Adult Blog Hop is…
  • Katie Mahnken *throws confetti and poofs from one room to the next with excitement--she'll get that after she reads it* She has won a copy of Witch Way to Turn in either e-book or print... Her choice!!!
  • A BIG thank you to everyone who tweeted/shared about the hop! I had nearly 400 people enter! That rocked my world! :D
Hearing voices…
Cover art by Danielle Fine
  • My dark and gritty work-in-progress, titled Becoming, (a new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters) is currently with my amazing editor!!! So excited to make this story sparkle and then pitch it at RT and RWA in a few months! Agents, you're gonna want this story...like super bad! Just sayin' ;D
  • Check out my stunning cover inspiration (right side above this paragraph) designed by my talented editor Danielle Fine!!! 
  • Here's an unedited teaser for you (one of the two heroine's POV--Zoe Moore, the raven-haired beauty with lots of neuroses).
  • Zoe sat in the parking lot of the hospital, staring at the sliding glass doors of death. Nothing about being here felt right. She gripped the wheel and squeezed her eyes shut. This was it. Breaking and entering. Yes, she was about to do that. It didn’t seem exactly right, but she’d asked the hospital a gazillion times and they wouldn’t give her the information. Damn them. She needed to know. Besides, if she waited and did this with Aiden she’d feel the same way. At least now she didn’t have to feel like she owed someone too.
  • (Update) While I wait for edits on Becoming, I'm back in Rhodhiss, baby! Okay, not literally, but I am working on revisions to Witch Way to Turn book #2!! Right now I've rewritten the opening and am on page 13 of 263 in revisions...

Cover art by Danielle Fine
Waiting game...
  • On week #36 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.*continues to keep fingers and toes crossed* Erm, this may not happen. LOL :P *keeps querying*
  • (Update) I've heard back on the Full request and now some decisions need to be made...will keep you posted. That was kinda cryptic, huh? How I roll :P
Reading...
  • Currently I am beta-reading for a fantastic friend and writer... Katheryn! Hooray for grim reapers!!
  • Currently reading Shifting Pride by Laura Diamond! Absolutely love the heroine's voice! Nickie is so snarky! Add this awesome werecat, YA paranormal romance to your Goodreads list here!
  • Looking for book recommendations and reviews for your 2013 TBR List? Check out The Perks of Being a Book Nerd!
Bonus material... 
*(NEW) I've signed up for Weekend Writing Warriors! This will replace Six Sentence Sunday, which will allow you even more steamy goodness with Pax and Greta... You'll get 8 sentences from Running From Shadows instead of 6!!! For more info, click here! 

*Beautiful cover art for Becoming and Running From Shadows and Witch Way to Turn book trailer by the awesomely talented Danielle Fine... Check her website for more cover art, editing, book trailer and NOW web design services. Fantastic example: Vince Considine's site here

************

Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...

I can't stand resetting my password at work! >_< Seriously, why is this necessary??? So, I took a picture of the screen. My therapy :P

Um, something you will never hear me say... Work's coffee is the BEST.

Hubs and I went here on Saturday! This is the most awesome little tea shop. They have so many to choose from. It's not like a coffee shop, so you don't actually go there to drink tea. They make custom blends too. I bought the cinnamon-blueberry and it's uber yummy! Ohh and if you're wondering what that blur is in the right-hand bottom corner...yeah, my finger. I was too lazy to find a different pic that didn't have a finger in it...
Can you guess where I took this pic? Made me think of Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast, and the little baby cup...Chip! Awww :) Anywho, my fave was on the left-hand side, second row, in the middle. <3 Someone can buy it for me if they'd like! teehee (Ahhhh! I swear I didn't plan on that laugh being a pun, but it was!! I kill me :P)


And for your weekly dose of completely random... Rusty pup wearing one of his daddy's workout t-shirts. You can tell he loves it, right? ;)

6 comments:

  1. You are so funny in your randomness! LOL Still busy I see (why am I NOT surprised?). Where is that tea shop?! I NEED to know! Looking forward to seeing you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It's how I roll! ;) Still busy, but not as busy as YOU, lady! Ohhh, the tea shop is in Port Warwick. Not far from where I live actually. I can give you deets. Yay! Looking forward to seeing you Saturday too!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I know I say it every week, but I love your Wednesday posts. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Ella! I love to hear it!! :D

      Delete
  3. Whoa! So much going on! Exciting doings to keep you busy. I like the excerpt. Keep up the good work. Doggie looks so stoic. He only wears it cause he lovvvvves you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets crazy some days, that's for sure! ;) Yay! Glad you enjoyed the excerpt! Awww, Rusty pup does lovvvvvve me! lolz Thank you for stopping by! :D

      Delete