January 30, 2013

Midweek Mayhem: Cast your spell, er, vote! Ohhh, get your snippet AND random pix fix too! #YAPNR

Working it out…
  • (Please Vote...for me!) Witch Way to Turn was nominated for the 10th Annual CAPA award!! Best Young Adult!! Cast your vote here! (Get it?? Like a spell! teeheehee)  

    (NEW) Sunday I'm going to be kidnapped...yes, you read correctly. By whom you may ask, well, the Gremlin slayer herself ~~~~> Liza O'Connor! Prepare yourselves now cos this kidnapping is bleeping hilarious!!! I kid you not! LOL Pun!! Okay, so maybe I only crack myself up :P
Contests and giveaways…
  • (NEW) Young Adult Blog Hop from now until 4 February. And guess what? You don't have to follow me or anything! lol Just stop by and enter to win a copy of Witch Way to Turn in e-book or print... Your preference! If you choose print though, I'll sign it for you...and I have a pretty signature. I like my middle initial... A LOT. Just sayin ;)
Hearing voices…
Cover art by Danielle Fine
  • (Update) My dark and gritty work-in-progress, titled Becoming, (a new adult urban fantasy with cursed dragon shifters) is currently with my amazing editor!!! So excited to make this story sparkle and then pitch it at RT and RWA in a few months! Agents, you're gonna want this story...like super bad! Just sayin' ;D
  • Check out my stunning cover inspiration (right side above this paragraph) designed by my talented editor Danielle Fine!!! 
  • Here's an unedited six sentence snippet for you...this is Aiden's point-of-view (the sexy, conflicted, knight bad-boy). 
  • If it was possible that Zoe was one of them, Aiden would know tonight. What he would do if she was, brought up a completely different set of questions. He couldn’t just give up on hundreds of year’s worth of work, dedication and immortality. Could he?

    His fingers twitched as he lit two more candles on the table. He had to replenish his supply, and soon. Today’s dose had consisted of half the normal amount. He had to save a bigger hit for his next surgery on Monday. He would get out of the morgue, or become mortal trying. Somehow he’d have to check the hilt of his sword at a point during their date.
  • (Update) My editor finished reading Becoming yesterday and she LOVED IT!! (With ALL cap letters and everything!!!) I totally did the happy dance yesterday at work when I found out! And she said it doesn't need a ton of work, which is fantastic cos with Running From Shadows there were nearly 1500 comments on the first round of edits! I can't wait to start edits on Becoming! I feel like I've really grown as an author with this book.
  • (Update) While I wait for edits on Becoming, I'm back in Rhodhiss, baby! Okay, not literally, but I am working on revisions to Witch Way to Turn book #2!! Right now I'm rewriting the opening...  

Cover art by Danielle Fine
Waiting game...
  • On week #35 of waiting to hear back from a lovely agent who is reading Running From Shadows.*continues to keep fingers and toes crossed* Erm, this may not happen. LOL :P *keeps querying*
  • (NEW) Guess what? I got a FULL request on Monday from a publishing house that I'm really excited about! *fingers crossed*
Reading...
  • Currently I am beta-reading for a fantastic friend and writer... Katheryn!
  • Just finished my beta for Jenna Jaxon on Friday, and let me tell you... I can't wait for you to read the sequel to Only Scandal Will Do!!! So fantastic!! Jenna never disappoints!
  • Looking for book recommendations and reviews for your 2013 TBR List? Check out The Perks of Being a Book Nerd!
Bonus material... 
*Tune back in for Six Sentences on Sunday! More steamy goodness with Pax and Greta... Running From Shadows!

*Beautiful cover art for Becoming and Running From Shadows and Witch Way to Turn book trailer by the awesomely talented Danielle Fine... Check her website for more cover art, editing, book trailer and NOW web design services. Fantastic example: Vince Considine's site here

************

Random Alert! Alert. Alert. Alert...
Rusty pup--in the backyard--scoping out the strange, squishy white substance beneath his cute little paws ;)


Me on my way to work last Thursday. (Oh, I was in my driveway when this picture was taken...I don't tweet and drive...er, most of the time!) It was the first really cold day in a long time, so I whipped out a turtle neck! And I was stoked to wear my new orange necklace a friend gave me! I am not afraid of bold color choices! :D

That's my laptop bag, which I adore! My cousin got it for me for Christmas. Anywho, that object on top of it is a Pixy Stix. Huge, right? (If you're a fan of Michael Scott--the boss from The Office--you know what saying I'm thinking right now!) Hm...was that too random? I don't know any more! :P

17 comments:

  1. I already voted for the CAPA - good luck on your blog hop and love the photo of your dog and the white squishy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Daryl! =) Rusty pup kinda liked it! lol

      Delete
  2. I voted for you in the CAPA - WWTT deserves to win! How hyper were you after that Pixy stick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lola!! :D Actually, I didn't have the Pixy Stix :( It was someone elses...I just borrowed it for a random pic. But if someone bought me one, I'd LOVE it!!!

      Delete
  3. Voted for you in the CAPA! And major congrats on a good report card from Dani! WooHoo! That is awesome! Can't wait to read Becoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jenna!! I was sooo happy with her report card! Excited to edit again!!!! Can't wait for you to read it!! OMG, I love it sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!! Bring on the agents!!!!!! ;D

      Delete
  4. Love this weeks post. Congratulations on all your good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, that's awesome about the offer you received! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness you're a busy bunny! Well done - I'm off to vote :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolz I am, I am! ;) Thank you so much, Chantal!!

      Delete
  7. Voted for ya. Looks like you're making great progress. Congrats for getting good news from your editor. Love the orange and blue combo and your laptop bag is super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I was super excited about the news :D Love me some bold color choices! lolz Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete