June 20, 2012

Midweek Mayhem…

In an effort to be a better goal-setter (something I gotta constantly work at) and be more consistent with my blog postings, I’m starting something I like to call dun, dun, dun… 
Midweek Mayhem. And maybe at some point my chaos—uh, life—will become slightly more organized. A girl can dream, right?

Working it out…

  • The trailer for Witch Way to Turn is in the works! Squee! We are in the process of picking out music, art and hope to have it ready to roll a month before WWTT’s release date of August 6!
  • Starting this Sunday (June 24) I’ll be participating in Six Sentence Sunday. This is a really cool site that helps to get the word out about non-published and published writers. Check it out: SSS. More information on Sunday! Stay tuned :)
Hearing voices…
  • Breena, Myles and Orin are talking to me…they don’t want the adventure to end. So I hear and obey! WWTT2 is currently in the work-in-progress stage. I’m a little over 20k words in. The goal is to have the first draft complete (or very close to the end) before I leave for RWA Nationals on July 23.
Waiting game…
  • Tom Petty had it so right: "waiting IS the hardest part." My demon-slaying unicorn manuscript (Running from Shadows) is currently being read by an amazing agent. *crosses fingers…and toes*
Reading update…
  • 51% into Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris
  • 21% into Quitter: Turning Your Job into a Dream and Your Dream into a Job by Jon Acuff
  • 12% into Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate
That’s all for now y’all!

Happy writing!

2 comments:

  1. You're the one making the trailer? Can't wait to see that one!
    Good luck with the agent and the manu!
    Girl, how can you read 3 books at the same time. I can read two if one is craft and the other is fiction, otherwise, only one at a time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juliana! Oh, I'm definitely having the trailer professionally done...I'm not at all tech savvy! LOL Thank you. I can't wait to show it! Reading 3 books at a time isn't easy...this is actually the first time I've ever attempted it ;) Hopefully I'll make more progress on them by next Midweek Mayhem! Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete